Ashfield Infant and Nursery School believe that homework has the following main purposes:
- Developing an effective partnership between the school, and parents and other carers.
- Giving parents insight into their child’s learning and achievements.
- Reinforcing, consolidating and extending classroom learning particularly in Maths and English.
- Developing the confidence and self-discipline for independent learning.
- Preparing children for junior school.
Please see your child’s teacher about homework being set for each class.
There are many different websites for helping with homework, including: