Mathematics at AINS
‘Intent – At Ashfield Infant and Nursery School we believe that all pupils can achieve in Mathematics and that being able to reason and problem solve are key skills that help our children to make sense of the world around them.
Mathematics equips children with a uniquely powerful set of tools to understand and change the world. These tools include logical reasoning, problem-solving skills and the ability to think in abstract ways.
Implementation– Ashfield Infant and Nursery School uses a variety of teaching and learning styles in Mathematics lessons. Our principal aim is to develop children’s knowledge, skills and understanding in mathematics. We follow the ‘White Rose Maths’ scheme of learning which is designed to provide pupils with a solid foundation in Mathematics. White Rose Maths helps children develop their conceptual understanding of Mathematics by using concrete objects, pictorial representations and abstract thinking. It provides teachers with detailed schemes of learning for Early Years and KS1 which provides consistency in the way in which we teach maths across our school.’
- AINS Maths Curriculum Maps (WRM links) 22-23
- AINS Reception Maths Overview Step by step
- AINS Year 1 Maths Overview Step by step
- AINS Year 2 Maths Overview Step by step
- Mathematics Policy – AINS
- Maths calculation policy 2022 AINS
- Maths curriculum statement 2022 AINS
- Maths Progression R-Yr2 AINS
- Maths Vocab Progression AINS R-Yr2
Miss E Olvanhill – Maths subject co-ordinator January 2023